The Church of Prophet Elias

The Church of Prophet Elias, located at 15 Leroy Avenue, in Yonkers, New York, as it is recorded in the official files of Westchester County, was established in the year 1940. The official date is March 29, 1940. The presence, however, of the Greek immigrants in Yonkers as well as the formation of cultural, ethnic, educational and philanthropic organizations, such as the Ladies Philoptochos goes back to 1920’s and 1930’s. It is to the efforts of these organizations that the Church of Prophet Elias owes its beginning.... Read more

 

 


Prophet Elias

Greek Orthodox Church

Yonkers, NY